A moist banana bread made with olive oil, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and a crunchy walnut topping. This olive oil banana bread recipe is super easy to make and comes out incredibly moist.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana
- ¼ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 10×5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Beat brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs in a stand mixer or with a hand-held electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and slowly drizzle in olive oil until evenly combined. Beat in bananas, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract until combined. Fold in 1/3 of the flour mixture with a spatula; repeat twice more until flour is fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts and Demerara sugar over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- And here comes your Olive Oil Banana Bread