Skip to content
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.