This is a delicious cake that is really tasty. Poke holes in a white cake, pour fruit flavored gelatin over that, then top it off with cherry pie filling and whipped topping.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package fruit flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for one 9×13 inch cake. Remove cake from oven. Poke holes at once down through cake with a fork. Holes should be at 1 inch intervals.
- While the cake cools, combine the gelatin with boiling water. Pour gelatin mixture over the cake. Top with the cherry pie filling, then cover with whipped topping. Refrigerate cake for one hour before serving.