- 1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk together the crushed graham crackers, the 1 teaspoon sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Stir in the butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; allow crust to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese with the eggs on medium-low with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the 1 cup sugar and vanilla. Fold in the sour cream just until blended. Do not overmix; ovemixing causes the cheesecake to crack. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn oven off. When the cheesecake has reached room temperature, chill in refrigerator for 8 hours before serving.