- 4 Cups Bread Flour plus about a handful for kneading
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 2 Eggs plus 1 more for Egg wash
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Milk Warm
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Sugar for proofing theYeast
- Proof the yeast by dissolving the yeast and the two teaspoons of Sugar in the warm milk stir well and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Eggs and the melted butter and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the Flour, salt, and sugar. Make a well at the center and add the proofed yeast, and the Egg and Butter mixture. Mix together until until a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer the Dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until it’s soft, smooth and elastic about 10 minutes by hand and about 7 minutes if using a mixer.
- Transfer the dough inside a very large oiled Bowl (making sure you smear some oil on the surface of the Dough) this will prevent the dough from forming a skin.
- Cover the dough with a lid or a plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or till doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls – 20 balls for mini rolls and 12 balls for large rolls
- Place the rolls on a lightly greased and floured baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover with a clean damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Make the Egg wash by whisking together one Egg together with a tablespoon of water.
- Brush the surface of the Bread rolls with the Egg wash and place in a 425 ℉ preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove the bread rolls from the Oven and rub the surface with some butter while the rolls are still very hot.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and Enjoy!
The Dough will be soft and sticky you don’t have to worry about this just continue to work the dough sprinkling as little flour as possible on your work surface with time the Dough will become less sticky and more springy.