flour – 2 cups
Baking soda – 2tsp
Baking powder – 2tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 4
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) optional
1 cup raisons (optional)
Oil – 1 I/4 CUP
Granslated sugar – 1 cup
Brown sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla – 2 tsp
Grated carrots – 3 cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degree. Prepare two 9″ pans or one 12″ cake pan or one 9″ x 13″ sheet pan by lining with parchment or wax paper.
- mix together in a bowl together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- in a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla for about a minute or so.
- add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more
- add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisons if desired .
- pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approximately 45- 50 mins.
And then comes your scrumptious carrot cake