Learn to make your favorite Orange Chiffon Cake as follows:
- Eggs – 6large plus 1Egg white
- Flour – 2 1/4cups
- Sugar – 1 1/2cup
- Baking powder – 1/2tablespoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Grated Orange zest – 2tablespoon
- Vegetable oil – 1/2cup
- Orange juice – 3/4cup i.e from 2-3 large oranges
- Vanilla extract – tablespoon
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white
- sieve the orange juice to separate the pulp and seed.
- mix the dry ingredients. sift the flour add sugar, reserve a little sugar about 50g 1/4cup
- Preheat the oven
- combine wet ingredients (orange juice,egg yolks and oil)
- then add to the dry ingredients and mix fast
- add lemon zest
- whisk the egg white properly until it becomes mor white and are up i.e till you get a soft peak
- add the reserved sugar to firm the whisked egg white and properly again.
- fold in the whisked egg white sugar into the flour mixture bit by bit NB You need a clean and dry bowl for whisking the egg white
- gently crush the lumps and don’t over mix
- pour the batter into the baking pan not more than half the baking pan.
- put into the oven and bake for about 45-50min depending on the size.