- Peanut/Canola or Coconut oil – 3 table spoon
- Popcorn Kern – 1/3cups
- Butter – 1 table spoon
- Heat the oil in a surface pan on medium-high head. NB If your oil starts to smoke its too hot. You can also add salt to the oil to help season the Popcorn from within.
- Put 3 or 4 Popcorn Kernels into the oil and cover the pan when the Kernels pop, add the rest of Popcorn Kernels in an even layer.cover remove from heat and count 30seconds
- Return the pan to the heat.Once the popping start in earnest, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner. Try to keep the lid slightly ajar. Let the steam from the Popcorn release.
- Remove pan from heat when popping slows to about 3 seconds btw pops. Remove the lid and dump of popcorn immediately into a wick bowl.
- Melt butter in the now empty but hot pan Drizzle over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.