Best Way And Method in Preparing your Beef Stew
- Beef – 1/2kg
- Tomatoes – 2 to 3
- Carrot – 1 large
- Celery stalks – 2
- Garlic cloves – 5 or 6
- Onion – 1 large
- Cut all ingredients into cubes
- Season your flour with salt & pepper
- Place your meat in the seasoned flour
- Gently mix through the flour. The idea is to get the meat coated, remove excess flour and set aside
- Heat a suitable pot with little oil and allow to get hot until you see smoke from the oil.
- When hot, add the meat to start browning. Try not to overload the meat on the pot and allow to touch the pot. If the meat is too much, allow to brown in batches.
- Allow to brown evenly on all sides and set aside .
- Remember, cook in batches if meat is a lot and don’t allow the meat to stew by using a cold pot. Remove the browned and set aside.
- Add the cut vegetables and whole garlic. Allow to cook until evenly browned for about 3-4 minutes
- If possible blend your tomatoes and add in liquid form for faster cooking. Grating the tomatoes would also work or cutting them small.
- Allow for the tomatoes to stew especially if using chopped tomatoes
- Add the browned beef to the veggies
- Stir and add water to just cover the beef and allow to come to a boil.
- Add some thyme if you have some or preferred herbs and spices. Dont forget the salt and pepper.
- Stir and cover allowing the meat to simmer on medium heat until the meat is tender.
- Add water if the level of the stew goes down
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. The sauce should be slightly thick and hold to a spoon.
Now ready to be served